Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Beginnings

I'm not sure how all this will turn out, but that's not going to stop me! I've got quite a few areas of interest - currently energy production in particular but also global democracy and human rights. I want to see a transition to a long term centred world - people have accused me of wanting to save the world, but really I just don't want to destroy it - and it seems to me that much of humanity's current activity is orientated to do just that! For this reason William McDonough is my hero (along with Ghandi), which may be an unfashionable thing to have - I don't care. His (and Michael Braungart's) vision of a world where all life matters seems to me an inspiring and extraordinary one and also possible, if not currently seeming likely. Most of the people who make important decisions in the world may seem geared to destroying it in as complete and utter a way as possible but I like to think that somehow we will eventually choose another way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home